June 15, 2013

House of Broads





My household is all females so I was thinking of witty titles for this post and came up with House of Broads.  The thing is, being deemed a broad isn’t so flattering.


Urban Dictionary defines the word broad in several ways:
1)    Word for a woman. Less respectable than lady but much more respectable than bitch.
2)    A term originated in the 1930's meaning woman; derived from the fact that the most defining characteristic of all females are their hips, which are proportionally wider than the hips of their male counterparts.
3)    A woman who is very difficult to respect. Usually wears very tacky clothing (fake fur, sequence dresses...etc) and reaks of cheap perfume. Widely known for being easy in the sack.

As I pondered each of these definitions I think I could easily fit into all 3. Let me explain:
1)    I am a woman.  I would definitively say I’m in the middle of being a lady and a bitch.  I can lean one way or the other depending on the situation, but generally I’m in the middle.
2)    I do have hips; of which are probably wider than most men’s. I wouldn’t really know though because I’ve never actually thought about it or measured it.
3)    I wouldn’t say I’m difficult to respect.  There are times that I wouldn’t respect me.. ie: any soccer or softball game where the ump/ref makes a bad call.  I may get a little vocal. Although in my own defense, I’ve gotten MUCH better and haven’t been 86’d from a game in years.  I suppose I can be known to wear tacky clothes.  I sit here typing this in shorts with paint splatters all over them, and a tank top that has something that resembles chicken poop on it.  Side note: my perfume is not cheap and I will not even mention whether or not I’m easy in the sack.   Define easy.. wait, just kidding. 

ANYWAY, I digress..   This whole post was to introduce you to the new additions to my brood so here they are!

 
Blanche- Friendliest of the bunch,  always willing to come say hello.
Sophia- Friendly, but likes her space.
Dorothy- Very independent and likes to do her own thing.
Rose- The baby of the family at 2/12 months old.


Stan the Rooster- He isn't mine, but he sure comes over a lot!



I sure am enjoying these gals (Stan not-so-much) and love going out and getting the eggs every day.  They usually lay late in the morning, and I am getting 2-3 eggs per day which is plenty!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment