May 22, 2010

And then there were 2.... wheels that is!

I have been talking about getting a bike for about a year and I've finally gone and done it.  It was not a fun experience. Why you ask? Well let me tell you.....
I wanted a sweet cruiser type bike but was talked out of it by a certain someone... so I settled for a regular ol' mountain bike... $cha ching$....
My car had a roof rack but not the lateral racks needed to hold the bike rack... $cha ching$...
Then I needed to buy locks for the rack so that someone wouldn't take the rack right off the top of my car... $cha ching$$
tack on a bike lock (for locking up at work, etc), water bottle holder, and I spent a whopping total of... none of your business!!  Luckily for me I had my REI dividend which took off a good chunk of the final bill.. 
Got the bike home and took it for a quick (3 mile) spin around the lake and it was a lot of fun.  Tough on the ol' knees but it will be a good mode of transportation to and from work now that school is out! The picture is looking up out of my sunroof... gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment