November 24, 2010

Last trip of 2010!!

When I first got this job and found out that traveling was part of it I was thrilled. What better way to see the state when it's your job that pays for it, right? Then, after almost 10 trips and 10 hotel rooms, my mindset changed a bit.  My new mindset is that there is no place like home-- seriously! 

With that said, I went to Homer this month.  It's a 4 hour drive south and not the prettiest drive you can do in this state and the furthest south you can go. The bluffs overlook the ocean and you almost get the sense you are on Cape Cod. (or so I've seen from pictures)  Wonderful houses and beautiful views made the drive go a bit slower with my camera constantly snapping shots.  (none of which turned out because I screwed up the settings..oops).  From there I made my way to Homer which has a little saying that goes:         "Homer - A quaint little drinking village with a fishing problem."   
I didn't partake in either thing (well I may have had a few beers). 
It is absolutely beautiful there.. I mean, really beautiful.  Homer overlooks Kachemak Bay and the spit.. the spit is a strip of land that stretches out into the bay and is their main harbor location.  I did my work and then had the time to spend with my old friend Nova and her family. Good times in a great location. I love this state. Enjoy the pictures!


 A beautiful Sunrise
 Kachemak Bay
The Homer Spit

No comments:

Post a Comment